I have an ongoing list of things I want to make/bake eventually. It seems like I am always adding more, but rairly crossing any off. Not because I am not cooking, but because I forget to look at my list to see what had previously intrigued me enough to write it down to make in the future. I am trying to solve this problem.
In October I tried to make a list of 10 things I wanted to make during the month. Well that was a really bad idea. I was out of town 9 days in October. Which left me with very little time to dedicate to the 10 things on my list. So I scratched that list. November is in 3 days. So I have 3 days to create a list and a plan. And if you know me, you know I thrive on lists and plans. Oh man, they make me so excited. Some females like the rush of buying a new pair of shoes or getting a really good deal at a sale. I like the rush of making a list and then crossing off what I have accomplished. I have no excuse in November. 2 big events happen in November: My Birthday and Thanksgiving. Which means 2 chances to whip up some extraordinary meals.
Of course my list begins with dessert. I attached a link to each item. The links are just my inspiration. I almost always change the recipes I start with in some way. I have to make it my own, right? So I add a little of this, or subtract a little of that.
1. Red Velvet Cake (red is my favorite color, so I think I might make this for my birthday cake)
2. Pumpkin Custard (This year for thanksgiving I am going to make Pumpkin Custard instead of pumpkin pie)
3. Ginger Cookies (Not just ginger snaps, but ginger cookies with pieces of candied ginger)
4.Spaghetti and Meatballs (I want to perfect a classic recipe to pass on to the next Mestas generation)
5. Roast Chicken (Julia Child’s Style. Maybe I will even video tape myself attempting to not barf while pulling out the innards of the bird. Comedy.)
6. Sweet Potato Ice Cream (Each month I try to make a few new flavors of homemade ice cream. My friend Bonnie and I are doing an ice cream challenge, care to join us?)
7. Apple Galette (I plan on making this instead of apple pie for Thanksgiving)
8. Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies ( I think I will always be on a quest to find a new variety; soft, chewy, crunchy, etc…)
9. Eggplant Parmesan (My new favorite vegetable is eggplant and with some marinara and cheese, dang!)
10. Strawberry Soup (Inspired by my soup on the cruise. I will be using yogurt or kefir instead of sour cream).)